Steel rails were the cord that linked early prairie communities with the outside world. Steam locomotives crossed the country bringing settlers to their new homes and manufactured goods to prairie towns. Western grain was shipped east on its journey to markets half a world away.
Originally built as a sleeping coach for the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1884 by Barney & Smith, Dayton, Ohio. It was renamed several times and modified over its long period of use to include kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom and sitting rooms. The coach was last used by the CPR superintendent, Saskatoon division, in the 1950s.
Railway Inspector’s Car
1934 Buick adapted to run on rails. The conversion was done in 1936 at the Canadian Pacific Railway shop in Winnipeg for use by the CPR superintendent, Saskatchewan division, who worked out of Moose Jaw.
Canadian Pacific Railway Station Replica