Covid-19 Precautions Underway
Western Development Museum locations in Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, North Battleford and Yorkton remain open with Covid-19 precautions in place.
Our priority is the health of our visitors, volunteers and staff. We are monitoring the Covid-19 situation closely and decisions are being made on a day to day basis as new information becomes available.
At this time, the following has been implemented:
1. We are closely following information from the Saskatchewan Health Authority and the Public Health Agency of Canada and will implement any measures they recommend. Closing our Museum locations is not recommended at this time.
2. All staff have been made aware of the WDM’s Respiratory Viruses in the Workplace policy. This includes information specific to Covid-19 provided by the Saskatchewan Health Authority and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
3. Staff have been asked to remain home if they feel sick and to call HealthLine 811 if they believe they have symptoms of Covid-19.
4. We have increased cleaning in high traffic areas within each Museum location.
5. We are ceasing all ice cream and butter demonstrations. We do not want to put our staff, volunteers or visitors at risk by coming into close contact with each other.
6. Discovery Rooms are closed to the public. They will still be available for school programs and will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each program.
7. We will fully refund deposits on catering and rental events that need to cancel because of Covid-19 concerns.
8. The Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport is also providing regular updates which are also being shared with WDM staff.