Vulcan Locomotive Operators Course – WDM Moose Jaw
Do you want to learn to run the Vulcan locomotive on the K+S Short Line 101? The WDM offers a Vulcan Locomotive Operators Course that includes basic training in running steam-powered railway equipment.
The course includes, but is not limited to:
- Basic railway safety practice
- Hand signals
- Whistle signals
- Coupling and uncoupling
- Basic track inspection
- Basic locomotive and rolling stock inspection
- Hand firing with coal
- Basic locomotive and rolling stock maintenance
- Practical experience as both engineer and fireman
Prerequisite for Vulcan Locomotive Training Course
Before taking the WDM Vulcan Locomotive Operation course you must:
- Hold a current, valid Limited Power Engineer (Steam Traction Operator) licence from the Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan
- Be physically fit and agile with good response and reaction time.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Agree to work as a member of a team.
We recommend that you also complete the WDM Steam Traction Engine Operation course.
2019 Dates & Location
Dates: May 25-26, 2019
Location: WDM Moose Jaw
For more information, please contact the WDM Moose Jaw at 1-306-693-5989 or email us.