Virtual Summer Camp 2021
July 27 – September 6
Have you ever wondered…
- How to make a feeder for butterflies?
- How to make one of the most popular recipes from 1955? (Hint: it involves Jell-O!)
- How quickly the fastest animal in our province can run?
- How much sugar was allowed per person during rationing in the Second World War?
Register for Virtual Camp 2021 (July 27 – September 6) and explore Saskatchewan like never before! Most activities are designed for explorers aged 6-12, but since curiosity has no age limit, our Virtual Camp is open to all ages.
Our virtual camp includes hours of fun activities like crafts, storytime videos, indoor and outdoor scavenger hunts, crafts, puzzles, recipes, and more.
Camp fees and information about our printed kit option and cancellation policy is at the bottom of this page.
Explore four different Saskatchewan inspired themes:
From There to Here
Explore traditions brought to Saskatchewan from other countries, including pysanky from Ukraine, chocolate fish from New Zealand, constellations influenced by the ancient Greeks, the puff puff snack from Nigeria, and explore the history of the Duanwu (dragon boat) festival in China.
|Animals of Saskatchewan
Discover fun Saskatchewan animal and insect facts, make a cow mask, do butterfly bingo and learn all about beavers!
|Would You Eat That?!
Try out recipes from decades past, like ration-book meals from the Second World War and a 1950s recipe for Jello-O molds made with tuna salad. See if they’ve stood the test of time!
Look for the Helpers
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” -Mr. Rogers
During the COVID-19 pandemic, so many people have helped each other. Explore Saskatchewan’s “helpers”, including the air ambulance CF-SAM, teachers, nurses and doctors. Say “thank you” by writing a note to an essential worker.
Virtual Camp Fees
- Virtual kit (single-child): $60
- Virtual kit (2+ children): $80
- Printed kit: $65
- Virtual kit (single-child): $54
- Virtual kit (2+ children): $72
- Printed kit: $58.50
Pre-Printed Kit Option
If you don’t have access to the internet or a printer, pre-printed camp kits are available for purchase and pick-up at your local WDM.
- Pick-up is at one of our four WDM locations.
- Available starting Wednesday, July 28 at 11:00 am. Please pick up kits as close to this time as possible.
- If registering after July 20 printed kits will be available for pick-up one week after registration
Register for Virtual Summer Camp 2021
Need to cancel your Camp registration? Read our Virtual Programs – Registration Cancellation and Refund Policy.
More At Home Activities: