COVID -19 Policies and Procedures
The Western Development Museum (WDM) has been welcoming visitors from around the world to learn about the Saskatchewan story from the beginning of settlement to present-day for more than 70 years. We have taken numerous precautions to create a clean, comfortable, and enjoyable environment. Whether you are a returning visitor or new to the Museum, we are working hard to ensure not only a memorable visit but a safe one, too.
We ask any visitors who feel unwell, have a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms to please stay home.
Visiting the Museum
|Hours of Operation:
All WDM locations are open daily.
WDM Moose Jaw: 10:00am – 5:00 pm
WDM North Battleford: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
WDM Saskatoon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
WDM Yorkton: Monday to Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Weekends 12:00 – 5:00 pm
The Boomtown Café at the WDM Saskatoon is open from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
|Effective October 1, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR negative COVID-19 test from within the previous 72 hours is required to visit any WDM location or dine in the Boomtown Café. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the proof of vaccination or negative test requirements.
This is in accordance with provincial regulations. CLICK HERE to learn more about proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result.
|Masks are mandatory at all WDM locations.|
|Please maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance between you and other visitors.|
|Please use hand sanitizer found throughout the Museum.|
|Do NOT touch the artifacts or exhibits. Artifacts cannot be cleaned using disinfectant – it will damage them.|
For Your Safety
- Physical distancing is encouraged – visitors that are not visiting together should maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance or more from others.
- Hand sanitization stations have been added throughout the Museum.
- Directional signs and arrows have been installed in all gallery spaces. Please follow all signage.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization for all public areas and surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- For information on catering and rental activities, please contact the WDM location directly. Click on the location you are inquiring about: WDM Moose Jaw WDM North Battleford WDM Saskatoon WDM Yorkton
Check out the video below for information on why we don’t touch artifacts in a museum. Help us to protect our artifacts.