COVID -19 Policies and Procedures
The Western Development Museum (WDM) has been welcoming visitors from around the world to learn about the Saskatchewan story from the beginning of settlement to present-day for more than 70 years. We look forward to welcoming you back and are taking numerous precautions to create a clean, comfortable, and enjoyable environment. Whether you are a returning visitor or new to the Museum, we are working hard to ensure not only a memorable visit but a safe one, too.
In line with Government of Saskatchewan Health Guidelines through the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, the WDM is changing our procedures and operations.
We ask any visitors who feel unwell, have a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms to please stay home.
Visiting the Museum
|Hours of Operation:
Museum galleries and gift shops are open Wednesday to Sunday from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. On weekdays, the first hour of the day (11:00 am – 12:00 pm Wednesday to Friday) is reserved for senior citizens and anyone more vulnerable to the coronavirus. Boomtown Cafe at the WDM Saskatoon is open Wednesday to Sunday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
|Please maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance between you and other visitors at all times.|
|Masks are mandatory at all WDM locations.|
|Please use hand sanitizer found throughout the Museum.|
|Do NOT touch the artifacts or exhibits. Artifacts cannot be cleaned using disinfectant – it will damage them.|
|In-person public events offered by the WDM are cancelled through April 30, 2021.|
For Your Safety
- You will be asked to provide your name and phone number for contact tracing. Visitors refusing to provide contact tracing information will be denied entry to the Museum.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed at all point-of-sale systems. Contactless payment is preferred.
- Physical distancing will be enforced – visitors that are not visiting together should maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance or more from others. Any visitors not adhering to physical distancing will be asked to leave the Museum.
- Masks are mandatory at all WDM locations.
- Museum attendance will be limited to 30 visitors at a time in Museum galleries.
- WDM Saskatoon’s Boomtown Cafe will operate on reduced hours from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Hand sanitization stations have been added throughout the Museum.
- Directional signs and arrows have been installed in all gallery spaces. Please follow all signage.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization for all public areas and surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- Hands-on exhibits have been temporarily disabled or closed.
- If anyone in your party requires a wheelchair or stroller, we recommend you bring your own. Strollers are not available at the WDM Saskatoon.
- For information on catering and rental activities, please contact the WDM location directly. Click on the location you are inquiring about: WDM Moose Jaw WDM North Battleford WDM Saskatoon WDM Yorkton
Check out the video below for information on why we don’t touch artifacts in a museum. Help us to protect our artifacts.
If you have any questions about the re-opening of the Western Development Museum, please contact Joan Kanigan, CEO at 306-934-1400, or send an email.