Volunteering Weaves Us Together
Since the WDM began in 1949, volunteers have been an integral part of what we do. Whether they are doing work in our galleries and outdoor spaces or helping behind the scenes, volunteer
contributions weave together to create a strong and vibrant Museum. We are so grateful to our volunteers for making our Museum the welcoming place it is … a place where people want to be.
Canada’s National Volunteer Week takes place from April 16 – 22, 2023, celebrating volunteers with the theme, “Volunteering Weaves Us Together.” As the organization Volunteer Canada says, “Volunteering weaves us together, strengthening the fabric of our community by sharing our time, talent and energy to support one another.” We couldn’t agree more. Thank you to our many wonderful volunteers who support the WDM!
The WDM has benefited from the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. But more importantly, so has everyone who has visited the Museum and experienced our shared history. I am truly grateful for the contributions made by each and every one of our volunteers. To all our volunteers, thank you for sharing your passion for Saskatchewan’s history with us. Thank you for your work, your dedication and for being such an important part of the Western Development Museum. – Joan Kanigan, WDM CEO
Click the links below learn about a few of the hundreds of volunteers who make up the fabric of the WDM volunteer team.
- “Everyone has a role to play at the Museum and that the knowledge our volunteers have is irreplaceable.” – WDM Volunteer Stan Mills, 2023
- “It’s the camaraderie of being with others who have similar interests. It’s not just the volunteering but the friends you make.” – WDM Volunteers Elaine and Louis Lahosky, 2023
- “I’d be there every day if I lived closer.” – WDM Volunteer Len McDonald, 2023
- “Keep[s] my brain active and I get a sense of accomplishment.” – WDM Volunteers Linda and Randall Simpson, 2023
- “[We’re] looking forward to the future… to explore opportunities for more community outreach.” – Women’s Auxiliary at WDM Saskatoon, 2023
Interested in volunteering at the WDM?
For more information about volunteer opportunities at all WDM locations, visit Volunteering at the WDM.